Munnar - A dream of every traveller to visit it
Munnar is a place which is generally comparable with the land of heaven. It is the most idyllic place for those who are just fond of having breathtaking views of the scenic beauty of nature. Many people come to Munnar every year for its sightseeing beauty and panoramic views of the nature. It is the most sought destination of people with different purposes. It is perfect tourism place of honeymoon, holidays and hill station.
Various Attractions of Munnar Hill station-
1) Anamudi peak- This peak is located in the interior of the one of the most famous National Park Eravikulam National park.
2) Echo Point – It is at a distance of 15 km from Munnar. It is well known for its picturesque beauty and expanse green landscapes. Echo point will cherish your desire to enjoy the explicit views which blossoms your mind and soul.
3) Forest Rose Garden – The forest rose garden offers tranquil and picturesque beauty of the nature. This garden bestowed to display various varieties of rose flowers and tea green gardens.
4) Hill view Park, Idukki- Hill View Park is located near the Cheruthoni and Idukki dams’ which offers spectacular view of hills and lush green scenery for capturing the scenic views of nature in your sweat memories.
5) Idukki Arch Dam – This is one of the major dams of India. It encompasses in the large area. It is very beautiful and mind blowing to watch the beauty of Dam between the two hills name karavanmala and Kurathimala.
6) Kalavri Mount – Kalavari Mount is famous for its sloppy and hilly areas. It is 5 km distance away from Idukki.
7) Lakkom waterfalls – It is the most sought place of Munnar. This water fall is a part of the flowing stream of Eravikulam stream in Eravikulam national park. It offers cascade and amazing view of the beauty of nature.
8) Nandukni, Idukki - It is a hill station located 25 km away from Idukki. Its sloppy, peak areas offer panoramic views of hills and Muvattupuzha River on its either side.
9) Pothamedu view Point - It offers breathtaking views of lush green plantation of tea and coffee tress. It is an ideal place of photography.
10) Top station Munnar – Top station, is the highest abode of tea and coffee plantation. It is 41 km away from Munnar.
How to Reach Munnar by Easy and Comfortable ways-
- By Air – Nearest air port is Cochin International Airport which is 125 km away from Munnar.
- By Rail – Nearest railway stations are Aluva (110 km) Ernakulam (130 km) and Madurai (135 km).
- By Road – Connects major cities like Kochi, Aluva, Madurai, Kodaikanal, Coimbatore etc.
Best season to visit Munnar – Aug to May
Climate at Munnar – In summer 19°C-35°C , In winter 10°C-32°C