Mount Abu- a famous hill station of pristine Aravali Ranges
Mount Abu is the most favourite destination of travel and tourism because of its magnificence and majestic ambience of ancient and medieval age, architecture and heritage buildings. It is a perfect place for history lovers. It has got many attractions in the form of paintings and carvings on the wall of buildings.
The Best thing what hit the most travellers of this place is the location of the Hill station of Mount Abu. You can enjoy the vast picturesque beauty of Aravali ranges and the sloppy Hills covered with lush green and forests.
How to Reach Mount Abu Hill station
By Air – The nearest airport to reach Mount Abu Hill station is Maharana Pratap Udaipur Airport which is 207 km to Mount Abu.
By Rail – There are various trains go to nearby places of Mount Abu. The nearest railway station is Abu Road which is 29 km away from the destination.
By Road – Various road routes connect to Mount Abu. The major cities connected to Mount Abu by road are Ahmedabad via Palanpur, Jodhpur via Sirohe, and Udaipur via Pindwara etc.
Climate at Mount Abu Hill station – In Summer-23°C-34°C, in Winter 12°C-29°C
Best season to visit Mount Abu – Any time round the year due to its pristine climate across the year.
The vibrant destinations to visit at Mount Abu Hill station –
There are many favourite and best sites to visit at Mount Abu where you can feast your eyes.
1. Achlagarh Fort - It was built by the king Rana Kumbha of Mewar district. You can visit various Jain temples, Mahadev temples etc. nearby this fort.
2. Nakki Lake - The view of Nakki Lake will sooth your senses and rejuvenates your mind. It is located in the midst of the Hill. A large rock Hill is surrounded by this Nakki Lake which gives a picture of attractiveness to this site.
3. Toad Rock, Mount Abu – The nature built toad rock fascinates its visitors by its scenic beauty and great views. Toad Rock is located in the south of Nakki Lake and bestows a view of large rock ready to dive into the lake.
4. Wild life sanctuary – It is spread in the area of 300 sq. km. A wide variety of flora and faunas can be seen at wild life sanctuary of Mount Abu. You can see various animals like panthers, tigers, and sambhar deer all roaming around the lush green forest of the sanctuary.
5. Various spiritual temples and places of Mount Abu - You can visit the local bazaars, and temples of mount Abu. Gaumukh temple, Dilwara Jain temples, Adhar Devi temple etc. are enough to connect you to God spiritually.