Matheran - A forest picturesque beauty on top of the hill station
Matheran hill station is famous for various spectacular sites and tourists sports. It is covered by large dense forests which reasonably attracts tourist towards it. Matheran hill station is a place where your quench of visiting quite and picturesque place will fulfilled. Matheran hill station is located in Raigad district of Maharashtra. The spectacular view of the hills and valleys of Matheran Hill Station will sooth your ultimate desire to visit a nature abode place.
Places to visit Matheran
1. Prabal Fort – Prabal fort is the ancient fort known for its architectural design and sculpture. Prabal fort was captured by Shivaji from Mughals. Prabal fort is located on prabal hills. There is pond also over prabal hills which can be visited.
2. Charlotte Lake – Charlotte Lake is the clean water lake which offers picturesque beauty of the natural water. The water of Charlotte Lake is provided as drinking water to the Metheran city.
3. Alexander Point – Alexander Point is located on the backdrop of various natural beauties and shrines. You can enjoy the scenic and grandeur view Palasdari Lake and downhill the village from this Alexander point.
4. One Tree Hill Point – You will be relaxed and feel comfortable by visiting one Tree Hill Point. This place is called One Tree Hill Point because of the presence of single Jambhul tree on the top of the hill. While going up the hill there is a good road track there. The serene climate will cherish you.
5. Shivaji’s Ladder – Shivaji Ladder is the track in the form of ladder which takes you down from one tree hill point to the metheran valley. The track was once upon a time used by shivaji in his leisure times.
6. Panorama Point – Panorama Point of the spectacular and picturesque view of Prabal Fort and hilly trains covered with dense plantation. Panorama Point is the very spacious spot on the top the hill where picnic leisure can be spent with your dearer ones.
7. Rambagh Point – Rambagh Point is the attractive picnic spot in the vicinity of nature. Here you can enjoy the rejuvenating and soothing scene of sunset. From this cliff you can enjoy the panoramic views of Karjat town, Garbut point and the scenic beauty of Khandala.
How to reach Matheran in easy ways
i) By Air – Nearest airport is Matheran which is at a distance of 100km and is connected to various cities like Delhi, Mumbai Chandigarh etc.
ii) By Rail- Nearest railway station is Neral which is 20km away from Matheran. There is a narrow gauge railway track from Neral to Matheran of the length of 20 km.
iii) By Road – The distance of Matheran from various major cities are Lonavala (56 km), Pune (132 km), Panchgani (224 km) etc.
Climate at Matheran - In summer 20°C to 35°C & in winter 12°C to 33°C
Best season to visit Matheran – Oct-May
Languages spoken at Matheran - Marathi, Hindi, English